Monday, February 4, 2013


J.rue and I have been spoiled with company. Ever since the twin j.rue and his wifey moved only 15 minutes away we've been weekending pals, and good ones at that. We were actually pretty good pals before they moved so close, but this has just made it more fun. The nicest thing about our group of 5? We can just relax, do mostly nothing, and make a grand 'ol time of it.

Melinda and I can spend a solid evening talking each other's ears off about anything and everything. I really don't think that there's anything that haven't crossed our lips in conversation. I love it, and I have no idea what I'd do without her. Brookie keeps us entertained with dance moves brushing out hair with (plastic) spoons and knives, while babbling commands lift and right. We always oblige. During these going ons the boys fill their time with xbox and basketball. Lucky for us, they carve out time to take their ladies out to dinner.

This weekend we accomplished:

- establishing the man cave/lady lounge
- a skype visit with the parents
- an Ikea run (for Melinda and I)
- and eating lots of pizza and ice cream

The boys watched a game Saturday night and fell asleep around 8:30 leaving us to our own accord. We may have spent 83% of the time lusting after some delicious throw pillows and design schemes and the other 17% painting our nails. We know how to keep it real. And while I am well aware that these posts would be much more interesting with pictures, there still aren't any.

Here's to 5 posts this week. Check back tomorrow and keep me honest, pleease!

p.s. I decided to go with Eli's prediction of the super bowl winner. I was sweating towards the end, but he came through again. That's 6 years in a row folks! and also, did Beyonce kill it, or did she kill it?

No comments:

Post a Comment