Thursday, August 23, 2018

Sleeping Babes

Ellie, Fitz, and Liam,

I have to admit. I haven't been the kind of mom that I want to be lately. I've been stressed, grouchy, and not patient with your cute little selves. All 3 of you are getting too big too quickly. It kills me. But, since I can't stop it, I need to start enjoying it. You. Each of you. I love you quirks, your messes, your giggles, your idiosyncrasies, your sticky kisses, even your ridiculous potty talk!

Ellie, you are a force to be reckoned with. Most days I can't keep you entertained to save my life! You are always on the go from one activity to the next. You need outing and friends, but lucky for me, a good coloring book and gel pens will suffice as a short-term substitute. I promise to sit with you, to color and cut up magazines. Also, lets read more. Lots more. Your creative mind amazes me.


Fitzy, you've needed lots of extra love and attention lately. You want to snuggle all day long, and watch batman, but you want me right next to you while you do it. I will sit with you longer and snuggle with you before you fall asleep. You deserve it. When you're not cuddling, you're playing cars and super heros, or we're reading about construction tractors. You're such a boy and I love watching you play.



Liam, you're only technically a baby for a few more weeks! How?! You, my love, are keeping me on my toes. You are fast! You're almost standing on your own, but its way faster for your to crawl. You fly up the stairs, straight for the bathroom. I can't even tell you how many times I've caught you with your hands in the toilet water. I hate to tell you this, but your sister isn't good at flushing. You eat more than Ellie and Fitz combined and you eat it everything. Today your dad fed you tomatoes and cheese drizzled with a balsamic glaze. You basically licked your highchair clean. I will be spending more time with you on the floor, taking in your baby details. Your two tiny teeth, your dirty little feet, and your sparkly eyes.



Life is so good with the 3 of you! You are all everything I've ever wanted, plus some. Thank you for reminding me to stop and smell the roses.




No comments:

Post a Comment