Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cobalt, Emerald, Coral


I picked this gem of a skirt up at F21 and am LOVING it!  Apparently, the rest of the world does not. Have you ever had someone {besdie your significant other} tell you they don't like your outfit? I hadn't, until yesterday. My thoughts: if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, meanie. And I shall continue rocking said skirt. HA!

Lately, I've been on the hunt for a perfect red or bright pink lipstick. Yes, I am trying to step out of my comfort zone and do lipstick and not coral. There have been a few contenders, but none have been up to snuff. Most of them just bleed into my skin and make my face look sickly, what is up with that? They look fantastic on everyone else. I must just have funny coloring and wrinkly lips. Lucky for you j.rue. One girl at the MAC counter told me that I would have better luck if I would only buy a gloss AND a lip liner to go with it. No thank you. I don't have anything against liner for special occasions, but the thought of having to line multiple times a day? Hold your tongue MAC counter girl!

A couple of nights ago I was hunting in Ulta for a cheaper version of a pink or red, but not trying stuff on has bitten me in the bum one too many times. I finally gave up and walked over {head hung} to the more expensive stuff. Ulta doesn't carry any of my usual guilty pleasures, so I thought for sure that I would be safe. Not so much. I found a lip stick/pencil/"surgence" It really is a thing of beauty. It gives you a pretty sheer color, a little bit of shine, the precision of a pencil, and it doesn't dry your lips out. They have lots and lots of lovely colors.

I walked out with this one:

Don't be too proud of me, it looks like a bright pink, but it is in fact a coral. I swear coral will be the death of me. Except that I love it, so it's okay. No matter what anyone else says, it really is my best color. When I have a personal makeup artist at my beckon call then MAYBE I will venture out into more bold red and pinks. Until then, it's just you and me coral.

On the plus side it matches perfectly with this gloss that a Sephora girl talked me into buying. I can't blame her too much, it is a fantastic gloss with a beautiful color{a version of coral, of course}. It might be my most favorite ever. That's a big deal, folks.


If you're wondering, the gloss color is #654 -- I have no idea what the name is.

There you have it. If you are thinking right now, "wowzers Chelsea is addicted to buying lip stuff!" You would be correct.  Does any one know of a Glossers Anonymous meeting?

Just let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Try "Cherries in the Snow" from Revlon. It's a classic! Been around since 1953 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll be sure to pick some up!

    ReplyDelete