Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Independence Day 2017


We started off our celebrations this year on the 3rd. Neither Jeremy or I had the energy to attempt fireworks 2 nights in a row with a 7 a.m. breakfast in between so we did our own little fireworks show. Gary and Lisa joined us and we were all exhausted and Ellie had enough enthusiasm for all of us.



Ellie was amazed by her daddy's pyrotechnic skills and Fitz was terrified of everything. He has Lisa put her hand over his face the whole time, plus he was just plain exhausted. I was a little worried that he would freak during the big fireworks the next night, but luckily it's just the at-home kind that make him nervous, especially those little poppers.




Every 4th our ward puts on the best neighborhood breakfast. Fitz was so sleepy from the night before, I let him sleep in and sent Jeremy and Ellie. By the time I got there, no pictures were taken. It was delicious as always and the company can never be beat. We live in the greatest ward.


When we got home Ellie accidentally ran over a bug and was very sad about it. I convinced her it was in heaven and we buried it near the curb.


After the breakfast we continued on with tradition and went over to James and Melinda's for a swim and more delicious food. I love this holiday because there is always lots of low key activities that revolve around naps. It's practically perfect.



After naps Melinda and I went on a Swig run and then we got the kiddos ready for the BBQ at Nana and Papa's. Apparently we were all about the stars this year. The kids were good sports to take pictures because it was HOT outside.



We gobbled up tons of delicious food (lots and lots of corn for Fitz) and then ran off to the Kaysville fireworks.



We've been going to the Kaysville fireworks for years and have loved it every time. We have a spot and everything. It's fun looking back on the pictures, especially as we started adding the kids. Our group has varied every year, but it was fun to have so many of us this year. I remember our first time going was just me, Jeremy, James and Melinda. We went on a whim, sat as close as I think you possibly could to the fireworks and had holes burnt into our quilts. We loved every second!











The fireworks were spectacular and Fitz shocked us all by not moving the whole show. He loved it...probably because they were so far away. We ended the night with me loosing my wallet and making Jeremy drive back to Kaysville with me, at midnight, to look for it. Of course, it was no where to be found. We drove all the way back home only to have Jeremy find it under my seat. Ooops. 

None the less, it was such a good day. One of my favorite holidays for sure. I'm so thankful to live in a free country and to raise my family here. We truly are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment