Friday, July 20, 2012

Enchanting


I've gotten some good reading done lately, and when I say reading, I really mean listening. Folks, I have no time to sit and read a book. And it's summer. Is there really ever any hope for me? Probably not in the physical page turning books aspect, but I have come to love listening to books on CD. Doesn't that sound so granny-esque? It totally goes well with my old soul.

A lot of people give me funny looks when I tell them that I listen too books, and I get that it's not a realistic thing for everyone. For example, I can't imagine trying to get lost in a book with a screaming child in the background or trying to listen in 15 minute increments. However, my commute is a tad bit longer than 15 minutes, so I can get some good listening done and usually finish up a book in a week or so.

Lately, I've been crushing hard on Jane Austen and the like, and while I haven't listened to any of her actual books I did devour  Edenbrooke and have now moved onto Austenland. I can't get enough, and I'm actually looking forward to my drives to work and home.

Edenbrooke was delicious and has most definitely moved up the list to a top 5 favorite. I will read that one again and again and again, just like how I watch seasons 1 & 2 of Downton every few months. Every girl needs a sweet fall head-over-heels romance once in a while. I finished this book in 2 days. Granted, I was driving to Nevada and back, but if I hadn't been I'm pretty sure I would have sat in my car all weekend anyway, finishing it up. Maybe this infatuation is caused by j.rue's absence? 1.5 more days!!!

Then there is Austenland, which has me laughing out loud like a fool. I'm enamored. After perusing Amazon, my favorite past time, I found out that the author has written another book called Midnight in Austenland, you better believe I'm #3 on the waiting list at the library.

This new infatuation has sparked a new literature search and once I compile said list, I will share it. Promise.

So what are you waiting for? Go support those Regency girls!

HAPPY FRIDAY! 

1 comment: