Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Music


For the past two days I've been lounging {and learning} up at the beautiful Zermatt Resort in Midway, UT. For those of you who aren't familiar with Utah, or for those of you who are and just don't know where Midway is, neither do I really. My GPS gets me there and back every year. You would think I would learn, but no. 

Midway is a little piece of heaven on earth and when I drive around the hills I do like to pretend that I'm Maria from the Sound of Music. There was singing involved. Zermatt is all cozy and wooded and swiss alps like, so even more reason for me to feel like Maria, yes? Another thing that I love about this conference, besides that actual conference {which was so good this year} is that my boss is kind enough to let me stay up there and I take full advantage of a solo ladies night. Those are nice once in a while.

After the first day of the conference I checked into my hotel room. Look at the bed (!!!)


I now have a thing for having 14 mini pillows tucked all around my body and sleeping diagonal. The last one isn't new, but I sure love doing it. J.rue doesn't really allow it on a regular basis. Rude. Anyway...I dropped my stuff off and headed to Park City for some outlet shopping, dinner, and a movie -- all by myself. I'd never been to a movie by myself before, so I didn't know if that would actually happen. I chickened out last year. 


The shopping happened (obv.) and so did the movie! And to make it even better, I was the only one in the whole theater. I was living the swanky life, and I surely did love it. Solo movies are going to be written into my schedule more often. It was kind of weird to not have anyone to lean over and talk to though. I tried to do it a couple of times, so good thing I was in there alone, right? I saw What to Expect When You're Expecting, and it was cute. But I do know one thing for sure now, I want a baby. Like now. But that's all I'll say about that.

When I got back to my room, I snuggled up in above bed and started watching Dawson's Creek on Netflix. It was a little before my time, so I'm excited to find out what all the hype was all about. I do have to say that my mother would never have let me sleep over at a boy's house. In a boy's bed. At any age. Ever.

After the conference over I made it home just in time to have my eye brows waxed and to pick up the beginning of my summer reading list.


For those of you who asked, I'll post my inspiration list on Link Love tomorrow. None of those are on here, but I found other books of the authors and then found the others on my own. It really is amazing what you can come up with when you google "summer beach reads." Go on, try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment