Thursday, June 6, 2013

TOO MUCH TV

I have an issue with TV, as in I watch it waay too much. Actually, when I think about it, I don't really watch TV at home or during my downtime, it's more while I'm at work. How awful is that? Really and truly I do spend a chunk of my time advising real live students, promise. But in the wee hours of the morning (7 in the am) and later into the afternoon (3:30 and on) I'm usually doing paperwork, filing, other ridiculously mundane tasks. Thus the beauty of watching TV at work. And really, when I think about it, that's mostly what I use my ipad for, a portable TV. I'm okay with it.

Besides watching too much TV period, I get into shows too much as it is. Once, j.rue asked me why I liked watching shows more than movies. I, in my most serious and matter of factly ways, explained that with movies you get 2 hours and bam, done. The movie people are out of your life. I don't know about you, but I don't really get too attached to anyone or anything after 2 hours. But shows, oh shows, they give you months, if not years, of drama and tears and laughs, and I mean, really, how do you not get attached to that.


For example, my weird infatuation with Desperate Housewives. I watched those ladies every Sunday night (or Monday day, depending on the year you ask me) from my freshman year in high school to the year after I graduated college. Yup, 8 years. It's ridic. The show isn't even that good, a little dramatic for my taste. However, I've found that once I get started, I need to see my TV characters through. I'm loyal like that. I also have a thing where I won't start a new show unless I can start from season 1, episode 1, because really, the beginning is the most important part. If you miss it you'll always be wondering...what? Exactly. I know, right?

So back to the point of this post, except is there really ever a point to my posts? I decided that I wanted to re watch the whole 8 seasons of my ladies on Wisteria Lane. So I did. And I just finished today. Do you know what you should not do while you are pregnant? Watch all 8 seasons of Desperate Housewives. Especially the last 2 seasons. They make me all emotional inside, making me cry on the outside. At work. And just like when it ended a year ago, I feel all sad and empty. Just like when LOST ended. Of course I'm only sharing this with you because you are my nearest and dearest friends who I know would never judge me. It's just how it is. Oh prime time soap operas, you get me every time.

Now, with that being said, I think I'm going to start re-watching all of the seasons of How I Met Your Mother, because, well, I need to find out who the mother is now! Netflix has really unleashed my TV monster. Never have so many season 1 episode 1s been available to me.

J.rue and I both have tomorrow off, so toodles for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment