Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Since 2009


Happy LOVE Day!

I've been looking forward to this day for...well, way too long. I think that I get a little too excited about holidays, but what can ya do? Of course I'm wearing the honorary pink stripes and hearts. I have red nails too, but I try to keep those puppies out of pictures as much as possible.

J.rue and I don't have any big plans for today, just some little ones. We'll be getting dinner...somewhere...and we'll probably oogle at each other from across the table, recite sappy love poems, and make every couple around us with that they were us. Just kidding. Kind of. Then we'll probably hunker down in the basement, light a fire, and watch any romantic movie that I want {while feeding each other chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider -- just kidding again, kind of}. We like to keep things simple around here. I think it makes it that much sweeter. PLUS my track record of planning big extravagant things is not so pretty. They never go the way you want them to, do they?

My valentine is probably the most difficult to shop for. EVER. So, this year I relied on my trusty pinterest board to give me some creative {an inexpensive} ideas. This is what I came up with:


I know, I know, they've all been done, but they're new for us! J.rue received the first one last night because I just couldn't resist waiting 8 more hours {I struggle with any gift giving holiday}. The second was waiting for him when he woke up, he'll find the 3rd in his car and the last one will be waiting for him when he gets home. Presents all day, are you jealous that you don't have an amazing wife like me? I would be...

When I was perusing Harmon's yesterday I spotted these little treasures and decided that we were meant to be.

Valentines day is also about loving yourself, right? Yes it is. If you haven't bought yourself anything for V-Day, go right now! That is an order. You are worth it!

I hope your day is full of love, my friends. Go and enjoy yourself!

love always, me

No comments:

Post a Comment