Wednesday, January 4, 2012

thirteen by 2013 - pt. 3

11. Have sit-down family dinners at least 3 times per week.
I really do love cooking and I really do love spending time chatting up my studly huz. So, this one shouldn't be too difficult. Side note: This does NOT count as date night.

10. Work in my yard a little bit, every week.
In the thawed months, obviously. When I was growing up, one of my biggest jobs was pulling the weeds. I hated it then, HATED IT. I do have to admit though, that when I did it, it was calming and  rewarding. I think I need to bring activities like that back into my life. Plus, I want a pretty yard. I've decided that I really really like pretty things.


12. Make more home-made gifts and write more thank-you notes.
This is technically two different goals, but both are creative and thoughtful -- I need to be more of both. Because, really, what feels better than a hand-written note or a hand-made gift?

13. Have a Mindy Gledhill concert in my backyard with all of my friends present.
Okay, this is probably the only one that is out of my control and super unrealistic, more of just a wish. A more realistic goal would be to keep in better touch with my friends, which I need to do, so bad. If a Mindy Gledhill concert is the only thing that can bring us all together, so be it.


So, there you have it, my thirteen by 2013. I was originally going to do it in one long post, but I don't think you would have gotten through it. While I was writing these goals I kept this in mind {go ahead, double check to make sure I didn;t miss anything}:

 I really and truly feel like this is a do-able list, and I'm excited to get started!

I usually do something like this so I could be accountable to someone, which is partly true, because I've totally been called on stuff before. So keep me accountable! But,  it motivates me when I write things down in a pretty way, and I think this list is pretty.

Happy New Year my friends!

1 comment: