Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gratitude - 23

I'm thankful for this blog, it's been a really nice outlet and I've actually recorded more events then I ever thought that I would. It's fun/embarrassing to look back on previous posts, I kind of love it.

For those of you who don't know THANKSGIVING is tomorrow!!! and I couldn't be more excited. Really, from the way I feel like I'm going to explode from excitedness, you'd think today was Christmas Eve {shh...apparently I'm not allowed to say that word here at the U} J will be starting the day off in SL with his brother hosting their annual Turkey Bowl. I was thinking about going, but then I remembered that I'll most likely will be consuming at least a weeks worth of calories and I better take my sweet bum to the gym in the morning, so I won't feel guilty, not a single bit. Folks, Thanksgiving is not a meal that I plan on ever holding back on.

More gravy please.

This year we'll be with my family up in North Ogden. My grandparents are hosting this year and one of my aunts and several of my cousins with the most adorable children will be there. I'm in charge of the deviled eggs and one other appetizer. I hope deviled eggs aren't hard. As much as I love to eat them, I've never made 'em.

Tonight J and I will be hitting up Village Inn to get a start on our pie eating {free-pie Wednesday} and are happy to say that James, Melinda, and baby B will be joining us.

Friday....


There will be none of this going on. {thinks makes my stomach churn just looking at it.}

This year is the first black Friday madness that my mother will not be partaking of. I about died when I heard, she's the black Friday QUEEN. She comes prepared with her lawn char, thermos, blankets, and boots. She doesn't mess around. I can't think of one year when she didn't get exactly what she wanted plus more. She finds this kind of think "fun" Yes, one of those people. I won't complain though, I've benefited from her black Friday love for as long as I can remember.

 I, on the other hand, have only been once, to J. Crew outlets. It started at Midnight and involved no waiting and I was home by 2. I'm a wuss. There is something I'm keeping my eye out for online though...

Saturday my mom and I are doing our annual Christmas shopping trip. I am determined to not buy a single Christmas present after December 1. I'm sure I will, but goals are good.

Last thing, I found a new favorite blog. The author's name is Jenni, and I LOVE her writing style. I also love her extra today because we are wearing identical outfits today. I especially appreciate this because J has made fun of said outfit {specifically the shirt} at least 3 times this morning. He doesn't love the plaid, he thinks it's manly. Rude.


Anywho, that's all for today. I'll catch up Friday...or Sunday. We'll see. So until then, have a safe and happy holiday my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment