Monday, November 28, 2011

Gratitude - 24, 25

I think that I'll just to 2-a-day blessings everyday, and then get caught up by the 30th. I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! I know we did!

#24 - I'm grateful for SILs. As I'm sure most of you know, I am lucky enough to have 3 younger brothers. I've never had any sisters, and as much as I liked the perks of being the only girl, I don't think I would have minded a sister. That is why I feel so blessed to have gotten 2 when I got married. I'm thankful for Tori because she is such a good example. She is always trying to make the right decision. She's growing up so fast, I can't believe she'll be going to COLLEGE next year! I'm so proud of her.
{tori, we need an updated photo sesh :) }

I'm also so thankful for Melinda. We have so much in common and just 'get' each other. I'm pretty sure we could sit on the couch for hours {while our husbands plan football on the xbox} and just talk...or look at pretty things that we dream about on the internet. She always makes me laugh and shares the best ideas. I'm a big Melinda copy-cat. She's also one of the few people I enjoy shopping with. She's quick and to the point, just like me. I'm also taking mommy notes from her, she really is the best mom. I'm so thankful to have her in my life.

Love you guys!

#25 I'm thankful for Maggie Pelusa, my snuggly fur baby. Last December {23rd} I had finally talked J into letting me get another dog. It's not that I didn't love Coop, it's just that I thought Coop would need a friend when I started working full time. I think I was right {most of the time} We got Maggie from the Humane Society. When they took her out of her kennel I scared the poop out of her, literally, she almost pooped on my arm. After taking her out, there was no way that I could have ever put her back. We took her home, and the journey began. She still has some issues, bad separation anxiety and always starved for attention. It breaks my heart to think about what kinds of things made her this way, but I'm glad she's in our home now. She's so loving and cuddly---just what I need when my other dog is the most independent animal I've ever met. She's such a sweet spirit and we love what she brings to our home.

I'll elaborate more on our Thanksgiving festivities tomorrow. Here's a hint though, a lot of it has to do with the number 12. 

Talk to ya tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment