Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratitude - 12, 13, 14, 15

I'm really not good at blogging on Mondays, so here's another ketchup day!

#12  I'm grateful to live in Utah, more specifically the Salt Lake area. I know I live in Kaysville, but I'm only 20 minutes for downtown SLC and I'm pretty sure J and I spend more time in SLC than at home. I work right by the foothills at the U and get to drive past our state capitol every day, it really is pretty. Another thing I love about this city {besides the food, that's a while post in itself} is everything that's always going on. Speaking of which, here's a post from THRILLER! finally... This zombie lady almost caused me to pee my pants.


#13 I'm thankful for our Costco membership. HELLO large bags of fish and house size boxes of hot pockets {which we have been un-shamefully eating for dinner almost every night} Oh, and the gas is cheap.

#14 I'm thankful for music. I LOVE IT, and can never get enough. Sometimes I drive J nuts, he just can't understand why I need a solid weeks worth of music in my itunes library. He just doesn't get it. Music is my strongest gateway to feeling the spirit, putting me in a better mood, helping me work my buns off at the gym {it really is amazing}, and motivating me. Right now I've been diggin' Ellie Goulding. Her stuff is different, but in my opinion fantastic. It's a good pick-me-up mid-work day.

#15 I'm thankful for my growing love of journaling. I've never been good at keeping a journal, but I've been making a conscious effort this year to make it a priority. Yes, there have been month{s} where I have gone without journaling, but I'm getting better. I love how therapeutic it is, I could write for hours and hours. There is WAY to much bouncing around in my little brain.  At my R.S. gratitude night {more later} one of the speakers said that she had a journal for each of her children. How cool is that? Hopefully I can develop good habits before #1 graces us with his/her presence {Sorry, this is not an announcement. There is no tiny child inside of me}. 

Oh and just a p.s. there was zero frost on my window this morning...it was actually kind of warm. Must mean there's a storm a brewin'

 Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Does my blog not count as journaling?(Even though it goes untouched for long periods of time) That's as close to journaling as I've been in the past 2 years. I love me some good music too!!

    ReplyDelete