Monday, December 12, 2011

A Mindy Gledhill Christmas

Tonight Melinda and I are heading to Bountiful for one of Mindy Gledhill's Christmas concerts! This will be my 3rd concert of hers this year, obsessed much? SO SO excited! I downloaded her CD the day it came available and have been listening to it ever since. It'll be fun to hear the songs live.

If you haven't heard any of her Christmas songs, this is one of her originals {with some cute puppet back-up singers}


Now all we need here is SNOW. It feels {and looks} like Christmas before Thanksgiving, just not right. However, it does look like the U should be getting some snow late tonight and early tomorrow morning...none for Kaysville though. 

I love this season, it's so simple and magical. The lights, the smells, the music, pink noses, and apple cider I LOVE IT ALL! It's funny though, when we get wrapped up in all of the unimportant "Christmas Obligations" {as many of us do} how it can all disappear. Every year I seem to get grinch-y when things don't seem Christmas-y enough {ahem, mother nature, if you're reading this, please please please sprinkle some snow on us soon. } but then I have to remind myself that I started looking forward to Christmas at the end of August and I'm literally right in the middle of it right now. How can I be sad about that?! I will admit that I've been found guilty of  treating December like any other month, but if I want it to feel different I have to treat it different, right?

Enter: 
Nutcracker
Mindy Gledhill
Christmas Villages
Hot Chocolate&Marshmallows
Ugly Sweater Parties
Christmas Stories
FOOD, delicious food!

What traditions does your family have to keep your December Christmas-y?

No comments:

Post a Comment