Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gratitude - 5, 6, 7, 8

#5 I am grateful for my calling. As most of you know, I'm the primary chorister {every other week}. It does have it's challenging times, but it has taught me so much {including patience}. Our primary program is this coming Sunday and I think we're all ready for it, including the kids. They'll do a great job, they always do. The primary program has always been one of my favorite sacrament meetings, there is always the nose-picker, the cryer, and the stage hog, but they're all so cute, sing their guts out, and testify of our Heavenly Father's love for us. I'm thankful I can be a part of that every year.


#6 I'm grateful for our space heater. J found it at Wally World for about $25 in the middle of the summer. He has to really talk me into it, because who wants to buy a space heater in July? Well thank goodness we did, it's gotten us thru a bunch of cold nights and saved us a bunch on our heating bill.


#7 I'm grateful for my car {named Pearl}, even though it's been a stinker for the past year, it's always come through for me. I have extra love for my car too because the day that I bought it was the same day that I went on my first date with J {March 14th, 2008} It was like two huge life land-marks in one day. It also has AWD, so I don't have to worry as much about getting stuck in the snow. I like having the extra piece of mind, considering driving in the snow terrifies me. 


#8 I'm grateful for my gym membership, more importantly the exercise classes that this particular gym provides. I know Gold's has a bad rep, but there isn't anywhere in Utah that can beat their class schedule. Their cycling, body combat, and CX works classes can't be beat. I think I love the classes so much because I don't have the knowledge or willpower to push myself that hard, plus who wants to look bad in front of 30 other people? I've had a gym membership for 3 years {since the day we were married} and I'm sad to say that I haven't taken advantage, so this month I've been busting my bum to get there everyday until it runs out December 7th. Maybe J will renew it for me for Christmas? Pretty Please?

Okay, I think I'm all caught up thru today. At first, I didn't know if I wanted to post these little things {I'm saving my big beautiful blessing for later in the month} but then I realized that it really is the small and simple things that make like sweeter and that much more comfortable. I take advantage of these things on a daily basis, but forget to thank my Heavenly Father for them. That's why I'm so grateful for this month and this season. It's a gentle reminder of the things we should be giving thanks for all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment