Monday, October 24, 2011

Lazy Sundays

J and I had another fabulous lazy Sunday afternoon. We didn't feel too guilty because we were able to spend some quality time with our fam earlier in the week. We were actualy at J's parents last night and stayed up until 2 am! Who knew they were such Par-Tay animals! I know, I sound like an old lady. Because of this we had lots of napping...


I was the only one at Ruesch Manor that couldn't fall asleep. Forever ago I bought Sink Reflections, a cleaning/organizing book. I've read through it a ton, and tried a couple of things that she suggested, but never fully implemented her plan. Well, while I caught up on laundry {I know, I'm a Sabbath breaker} I made my plan. This is what she has you set up:

- A morning & evening routine - things you do every day. Obviously the world won't end if you don't do these things every. single. day. But, if you thrive off of structure like I do, It's nice to have a plan.

- Certain constants on specific days of the week. I.E. wash sheets on Tuesdays, errands on Thursdays, etc.

- She also splits up your whole house into 5 zones and you spend 15 minutes/day 2x/week on a certain zone. This week is the master bedroom and closet for me, eek!

The think I love about it is that it's totally doable. You don't start by "cleaning" a room, you de-clutter it. Cleaning clutter is kind of like an oxy-moron. She also gives little tips like get dressed every morning, put on your make-up so you feel good about yourself and put on your shoes. This seems to make you more productive. I was a little skeptical about wearing shoes in my house {I don't usually do it}, but it actually works! So, I have a pair of lace-up house shoes. J still isn't allowed to wear shoes in the house because he thinks then that he can put his feet on the bed with his shoes on. gag.

If you're still skeptical about it, check it out from the library. That's what I did at first, then I decided that I needed to own it. It just makes me happy thinking about it. Anywho, that was my afternoon along with some dinner cooking and reading.

After J woke up from his nap he decided he wanted to take some treats to a family in our ward. I wasn't super excited about it, so he volunteered to make them himself. I think this is the first time I've ever seen him use a mixer, measuring spoon, and actually, and oven. He did great. We balance each other out so nicely, he can do the baking and I can do the cooking. Done!


No comments:

Post a Comment