Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was one of the best! I have officially taken my last quiz, written my last paper, and attended my last class on my undergraduate career!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even hit me until class was over, and then it hit hard. You know that feeling when you feel like bursting on the inside and your skin is the only thing that's keeping you grounded? Yes, that is how I felt. I wanted to throw my papers up in the air, strip down to my skivvies, and run down the hall shouting to the world just how excited I was. I really was about to burst.

I know just a few short weeks ago I was feeling about the opposite of this, but I think now that everything is wrapping up and I have an actual job to go to everything is starting to gain a very satisfying perspective. I really can't believe it's been 4 years. I remember getting off of the campus shuttle on the first day of class. I had no idea where I was and just kind of wandered. I barley made it to my first class, biology, boo. I found it by walking around, following large groups of people, walking into the classroom and hoping that I was in the right place. Worked well the first time, not the second.

After the biology class from hell and missing my second class, I was in tears. I remember thinking that there was no possible way I could EVER make it though college alive. Four years was so far away, if I could even get done that soon. I was completely overwhelmed and I'm pretty sure I called my mom to tell her that I was dropping out and coming home that night. I am then sure that she told me to "stop being such a boob". I've never quite understood that phrase...

But here I am, at the end of my undergraduate career. Yes, I may have procrastinated a little too much, recieved and "e" in human anatomy {double hell}, I even escaped with a decent 3 point something GPA, and experience a bad case of senior-itis for the past 1.5 years, but I've grown in so many ways too. I've met some amazing people, become slightly educated {at least in health promotion}, and have developed my own unique views, opinions, and ideas - I see this as a good thing, my husband may beg to differ - as cheesy as it sounds, I have blossomed, and I'm pretty darn happy with how I've turned out.  I made it through in four years, alive.  I feel like a true bonafide grown-up.

What's next now? I really have no idea...I want to get Jeremy through school, but then who knows? Maybe babies, maybe a Master's, maybe world travels. All I have to say is come what may! I'll take it!

To celebrate my grown-up graduation-ness I went to MAC and got myself a lipstick {because, as I'm sure you know, little girls don't wear lipstick, but grown up lady graduates do!}
Side note: when I was at the MAC counter the salesgirl told me that I wouldn't look so washed out in everything if I would wear some foundation, bronzer, eyeshadow, and blush. I then preceded to tell her that I was, in fact, wearing ALL of those things. Then she said, "Oh, well, then you should stop being scared of make-up and put more on." Thanks lady, I'll see what I can do!

Next stop, May 5, 2011 -- Graduation here I come!!!

1 comment:

  1. yay CHELS!!! wahoo!!! what a happy day, there is not a better feeling! and heck with the mac counter lady...boo! :)

    ReplyDelete