Friday, May 5, 2017

Visiting Grandma & Grandpa Lasater


Last Sunday we were able to go for a quick visit to my grandparents house. It was so good to see them, even if it was too short of a time. Ellie and Fitz were so excited to see their great-grandparents and were sad when it was time to go. Fitz ran right to Grandpa and gave him his best snuggles. My grandpa has a way with my kids and it's my favorite to watch.


Ellie performed all of her best primary songs and told them all about Hawaii. She has plenty of kisses for grandpa as well and he just couldn't get enough of her. My grandma has a way with Ellie as well and made her day when she offered to sew up a hole in her dress. I don't think I've ever seen Ellie sit still for that long.


I miss being able to see them whenever I want, so that just made this visit extra sweet. I have been blessed with the most wonderful grandparents. They've shaped a huge part of who I am today.


Before we left, we kidnapped my mom and took her to the park for a little bit. It was nice to spend the time with just her. The best part was the donkeys and chickens though. Ellie wanted to take all of them home, but I reminded her that Santa was looking forward to bringing her a fish for Christmas, so that appeased her...for now. Fitz got bit by the donkey and shockingly enough, kept going back to try and pet it again. They're such little animal lovers. I love that about them and think it means they have extra tender hearts.

Ellie cried when we took her back to my grandparents and made me think about how important family is and how lucky we are to live so close to most of our family, especially now that Jeremy's parents are back. I don't know what I'd do without any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment