Monday, May 8, 2017

Ellie's Spring Recital

Ellie has almost officially wrapped up her first season as a ballerina. Apparently after their recital they have a month of dance parties. Oh to be a tiny dancer. She lives the life. We have loved Project Move and her teacher Miss Melanie is the gem of all gems. We recommend her studio to anyone and everyone that will listen.


Monday night, Ellie had her recital, which was the cherry on top of it all. I don't think there are many things cuter than 3 year olds in sparkly tutus attempting a choreographed dance. I had so much fun getting her ready. She is definitely my girly girl. She couldn't wait for me to curl her hair and put on all the makeup that she begs to wear on a daily basis. She has gotten much better as sitting still while I do her eyes. Last time she looks like a sparkly purple raccoon, darn it. After she was dressed and ready she was more than willing to pose for a few photos. During the whole process she kept saying that I was her biggest fan and she was mine. It couldn't be more true. I am by far her biggest fan and I wouldn't rather have anyone else in my corner.


We got to Viewmont High School nice and early to get some good seats, but of course I forgot Ellie's ballet shoes, so Ellie and I raced back home and made it back just before the show started. She ran right into the staging room and cozied up next to her friends. She was lucky enough to have 2 friends for outside of dance in her class this year. Ruby and Abby made dance a little extra fun. They loved singing Moana and talking dress ups on our drives to class during the week. I'm so glad she's already making such good friends.



I always worry that Ellie will freeze once she's up on stage, but of course, she started shaking her hips the second the music started and didn't stop until she was ushered off the stage. She is so fun to watch! She loved watching the rest of the dancers and told me each girl that she wanted to be like when she grows up. I wonder if she will actually stick with it.


 After her dance I went to pick her up and she immediately asked when she got to go back on stage. Luckily, there was an encore this time and she got to take her final bow and hang out with all of the other dancers. Even better, she got to sit right in the front and got a rose from her favorite Miss Melanie.

Ellie was lucky enough to have Aunt Tori, Nana, Papa, and Mimi join her. Mimi had to leave early so no pictures, but she didn't leave Ellie empty handed. She pulled out a huge peanut butter chocolate egg that was devoured in seconds. Mimi always has a good treat hiding in her purse.



Nana and Papa gave Ellie a pinwheel in place of flowers and I wish I would have gotten a picture of her face when she saw it. Best idea ever Lisa! She loved having her adoring crowd with her and was so excited to invite everyone over for cake after!


I had to snap a few pictures with Ellie's friend Abby. They are 2 peas in a pod and I've loved watching them dance and play together. We're keeping our fingers crossed for many more spunky years to come.



We did have a quick cake party after but I didn't get a single picture because I was a useless lump on the couch. I think everyone was in and out within 30 minutes because we were all pooped. We're so grateful to have such supportive family and friends. This is the good stuff of parenting and life.



No comments:

Post a Comment