Monday, August 31, 2015

Summerfest: June Edition

This summer has flown by, FLOWN. Actually, when I really think about it, this whole year has been a blur, a glorious blur of crazy life changes and tiny everyday bits that have made this summer one for the books. This last weekend I had kind of a slap in the face and I realized (probably for the 5th time) that since I'm not the best at journalling, this is it my friends. This is what Ellie and all future offspring will have to refer to. I really need to be doing this for them.

So for tonight, being ridiculous exhausted, but also carrying around the guilt of things unwritten, we're recording June, also I've also covered some of it so this should be speedy!

Besides some skydiving adventures and Father's Day festivities (see post below!) Our June looked like this:



Lots of dog walking...mostly to avoid unpacking. I did an amazing job and avoiding unpacking for the last 2 weeks of June. Did I curse myself all of July? You betcha!



We're slowly discovering Bountiful and all of her charms. I love it here. Love it. If you're considering moving, move to Bountiful. Really, it's that good. I'm never leaving. Never. Ever. We hit up the local farmer's market and food truck league in June and that's where the love affair started. Can I also mention that we are within walking distance of basically everything? We are, it's fantastic. Another perk of living here is how close we are to J.rue's twin brother and his family. Ellie loves her cousins and I love my SIL, and it's so nice to have them a block away. They're also never allowed to move from Bountiful.



We also spent many a mornings and evenings on our porch swing eating bomb pops and blowing bubbles. Ellie and I have also started a little tradition of painting her fingers and toes in the morning before church. The polish usually doesn't make it thru nursery, but I'll never tire of hearing ask to "paint nail?" I'll really miss 1 o'clock church, which I never thought I'd say.


My gorgeous BFF since 6th grade tied the knot towards the end of June and I couldn't be happier for her! The 3 of us have not done the greatest job and regular catch-ups, but I could honestly go years without talking to them and pick up right where we left off. I love them and am so grateful to have them in my life, no matter how long our gaps are. Childhood friends for the win!











Ellie and I spent the end of June in Wisconsin with my dad's side of the family. We try our darndest to make it out every summer, and one day j.rue will make it out with us! Thank goodness Cale made the flight there and back with us. I don't know what I would have done without him. We ate our fill and I couldn't get enough of the Twin Dragons or Potosi Brewery. I wish I wasn't such a food girl...but such is life. More importantly, we loved catching up with family, celebrating my sweet grandma's birthday, visiting with my grandpa, and talking with my dad who we don't see near enough either. Needless to say we're looking forward to next time!

I think that about sums it up! We came home to a half unpacked house and a 30 page list of projects. I would have paid good money to fast forward (just for a peek) at how our to-dos panned out. Ooooh moving while pregnant is not fun. I have two unwritten posts that I'm actually glad that I didn't post because they were full of incoherent emotions. While I don't expect this space to be all rainbows and unicorns, things really are never as bad as they seem, and our little family is living an incredibly blessed life. 

Happy June! And onto July...and in the real life, September!

No comments:

Post a Comment