Wednesday, July 3, 2013

FAMILY WEEKENDS AND THE FOURTH!

This last weekend j.rue and I were finally able to take my family up to Fairview. We've been wanting to do this for the past year, but schedules are hectic and it's difficult to pull off. Luckily everyone had at least one spare day and we were all able to head up. J.rue, Cale, and I headed up Friday afternoon, puppies in tow, and got everything set up. Then everyone else trickled in. It was a nice relaxing weekend. Honestly, just what the doctor had ordered for each of us. 


J.rue had been dying to take my brother out on the 4-wheelers for about forever, so they spent a good chunk of their time riding around and getting filthy dirty. Golf and swimming were attemped, but things didn't totally go our way, and we had to resort to more 4-wheeling and TV watching. 




I made a personal goal to keep my activies confined to reading, sleeping, and watching Veronica Mars. I'm proud to say that I accomplished all goals with flying colors. While the boys were out running a muck my mom, the puppies and I spent a good 3 hours doing this:


She would totally kill me for posting this, but she doesn't read my blog so...



There will be a total of 0 pictures of me in this post because I also made a conscious effort to put 0 make-up on my face. It was glorious. I also let my hair run wild and free, so to say I was lookin rough by the end of the weekend would be an understatement. But, I'm a firm believer that your skin needs a breather every once in a while. The opportunities don't come around too often, but when they do, I take full advantage.



The sad thing about my vacation is that I forgot to charge my phone. So, lots of things were missed like our shakes, family dinners, swimming attempts, and well, that's about all. This weekend was a little bitter sweet as well because the cute boy in the middle of the picture above (who is completely incapable of letting me take a decent picture of him) got his mission papers put in on Tuesday. To celebrate my mom and two youngest brothers are jetting off to Mexico this Sunday. How's that for an unfair grown-up moment? I suppose it would be quite difficult to save for a baby, Hawaii, and Mexico all in one year. So, the next big Kwallek/Lasater/Ruesch family vacay? Oh probably in 2018 when the youngest gets home from his mission.

That's also the sad part about growing up. Everyone has to go their separate ways, at least for a while. I'm just thankful we were able to get away, even just for a few days. But now I'm just making myself sad, and that's ridiculous because all of these hoodlums will be at my house tomorrow evening for a BBQ and some fireworks. We'll be getting plenty of each other over the next few months. I just hope Micah's mission call will hold out past October 7th, but if not, I'll survive. He'll be where he needs to be and I'm so proud of him for that. 


I really do love each and every holiday and can't wait for tomorrow. Usually we would head to the town breakfast (outside) and then sit at the ridiculous parade (that people ALREADY have their spots staked out for - literally 100s of chairs - that parade is NOT good), but this year because I am such a wussy we'll be doing things like going to movies, going to breakfast at an indoor facility, and maybe taking a nap. Of course I will be braving the heat for the fireworks show, but I can't promise much else.

Have a happy and safe one. Oh and don't forget to give our country a kiss tomorrow. Mmmk?

No comments:

Post a Comment