Tuesday, June 4, 2013


Last Saturday j.rue and I went up to Logan to go to the temple, j.rue had never been before and it's been several years for me. I was super excited, I love traveling to temples. We really are so blessed to live within driving distance of so many. Well, we got up there, I proudly handed the worker my recommend and...I found out it had expired on May 31st. It was June 1st. I was not happy.

Luckily j.rue has some cousin that live up on Logan that were available to hang out with us 2 hours earlier than planned. The boys kept themselves busy chatting about, actually I don't know what they were busy talking about, boy things, giving the three of us ladies a chance to catch up. Karalee and I are due exactly 1 month and 1 day apart from each other. It was so fun swapping pregnancy stories and comparing symptoms. Our impromptu get together inspired a larger scale Ruesch cousin get together later this month. I'm hoping there will be toasted marshmallows involved, and since it's at our house, I actually know there will be.

I know that my blog has turned into a total baby blog, and I do apologize for that. It's just what takes over 80% of my thoughts during the day. The other 20% is work and you just really don't want to hear about that, promise. I just can't wait to meet her and the only thing that keeps me sane is doing what I can to feel prepared, which totally will never happen (the feeling prepared part), but it's all about the process, right? So at this moment in time I've added these additional details to the nursery prep:

-deciding between two lovely paint colors. this or this.
-settled on this mobile (i think).
-ordered this print and her two sisters.

Everything else is still up in the air. I know that I don't want a themey room, so I figure if the colors pretty much go together? I still don't know. I think this room planning is giving me too much anxiety. Which, honestly, how dumb? She won't be in there for a while after she's born. Plus she's a baby. I just need to calm down and get the basics done. Really, I'm a little ridic.

I have two more things for you.

1. I just went about two weeks without seeing my niece. I hated it. It just blows my mind how fast little people change, and she's done her fair share as of late. Miss Brookie Jayde, slow down, k? Oh she's a fun girl.

And to close, I've been dreading the postpartum body. I know it's horrible to worry about such little things when you've just had a baby, but I do. I just can't help it. I also know that it's totally up to me how I choose to handle it. That's why I love coming across posts like this. Uber Chic for Cheap is doing a whole series on dressing a postpartum body. Please and thank you.

1 comment:

  1. It was really fun seeing you guys! Im excited for our next party already.