Monday, September 12, 2016

Fairy Tale Festival 2016

For the last 2 years we attended the Fairy Tale Festival in Centerville and it is one of our favorite ways to wrap up summer. The first year we went, we were rookies and Ellie didn't own any dress ups. Can you believe that?! Ellie without dress ups? I know, it doesn't even seem possible. This year was especially fun because we were heading off to Disneyland a couple weeks later, so it was the perfect primer. I'm hoping Fitz will enjoy it a little more next year, I'm pretty sure there are pirates walking around too. Besides meeting princesses, there is a fun storytime, food, crafts, and activities for the kids to do. It always makes for a fun morning.



Ellie handled Shrek much better than she did the first year. She would at least stand next to him. The first year Ellie (for some reason) thought he was a lion was terrified of him. She finally let him hold her and he did a little growl and it was all downhill from there. It was hilarious and sad. She obvious forgave him.






Ellie loved Anna and Elsa both years so much and the girls always do such a good job of staying in character. Last year Ellie couldn't even believe she was meeting her idols. This year she was all about showing off her Elsa cape.














Here are a couple more from last year. I can't believe how much Ellie has grown up in the past year! I've also learned how much one can develop a love for dress-ups and all things princess in a short 365 days. As much as I hope the dress up phases passes, sometimes I'm also hoping it will last just a little bit longer. I know I'll miss it so much when it's gone.







No comments:

Post a Comment