Monday, January 9, 2017

8 Years.

One thing that I know for sure, I am terrible and documenting our anniversaries! I've been looking back on pictures and I have MAYBE one picture from each and not even one we didn't take ourselves. My goodness.

Oh well, at least I'm writing this soon enough so that I can at least remember what we did. This year was an off year so I wasn't nursing, so you better believe we got the heck of out dodge. My kind mother volunteered to come and stay with the kids on Friday night so we could get away and spend the weekend together.

We left Friday night and headed out to SLC with zero plans except for where we were staying. I like the idea of not having plans, but being the 2 indecisive individuals we are, it wasn't the best of ideas. We decided to head over to Bruges in Sugarhouse. We hadn't been in forever and have added a lot of their menu. We both got sandwiches and fries and each switched a half of our sandwich and then, of course, each got our own dessert waffle. It was so nice to be able to sit and chat on our own, without having to wrangle little people. I loved being able to eat my food while it was hot, such a luxury now. We quickly decided that date nights need to happen much more often and we have a few on the calendar. This is the only picture I got from Friday. The fries really were divine.


After dinner, we headed back to our hotel. We stayed at the Little America this year and I loved it. The mirrors in the bathroom make you look like a goddess and I'm not even overexaggerating. Just to show how wild and crazy we are, we promptly got into our jammies, turned on the Office, and feel asleep before 11 p.m. Yes, it's true. Honest to goodness though, I just wanted to get away and SLEEP. I wanted uninterrupted glorious sleep. We did just that. Of course, our internal clocks kicked in at around 6:45 a.m. and we were up and at 'em for the day (dang children!). It was nice to get a jump on the day though. We laid in bed with no one begging for milk or cereal and then slowly got ready. It was dreamy.

We ate at Village Inn for breakfast and then headed to an early movie. Jeremy hadn't seen Fantastic Beasts and I was all for seeing it again, so that was our first choice. After the movie we headed out to the new Cup Bop restaurant in West Valley and savored every bit of that meal too. I LOVE CUP BOP. It's got to be one of my favorites, ever. After lunch we just kind of drove around aimlessly. We had a few ideas, but surprise, couldn't commit. After about 10 minutes I jokingly suggested we should go to another matinee before the prices go up and J.rue was sold so...we went to ANOTHER movie! I don't think I've ever done that before in my life. This time we chose Hidden Figures and we loved that one too. I was also surprised how nice it was to squeeze in 2 movies...without children.


After the movie, we ran home to change and went up to do a session at the temple. My mom really did run the gambit all day, and when we got home the kids were in bed and the house was spotless. Bless her.  It was so refreshing to get away, just the two of us. I'm currently trying to figure out when she'll come and babysit for us again!

Lastly, here are the pathetic anniversary pictures I was able to scrounge up from years past:


2016 - J.rue's mom took the kids for the WHOLE day, which is huge, nursing baby, remember? We stayed around town but from what I remember we hit up a BBQ place (above), went to a session at the temple and then went to the Mandarin for dinner. I of course have no pictures of us together.


2015 - This is the first (of only 2!) time that we left Ellie overnight. I still laugh about it because we dropped Ellie off at my mom's and went home to sleep, haha! I don't even remember what we did that day, but it was just the 2 of us, so I'm sure it was delightful.


2014 - This was actually an awesome anniversary because we were in Hawaii! We went out to visit Jeremy's parents for 2 weeks and had a blast. I think we did some hikes, napping, and then went to dinner at this delicious place called Ono's Steak and Shrimp for dinner. It's one of my favorite places to eat on Oahu. We're going back for one last visit before his parents leave in April and Ono's is probably one of the things I'm looking forward to the most!

Sadly, that's as far back as my google photos go. Hopefully I was a little better before 2014 and at least documented that they happened. Either way, I've loved being married to this man for the last 8 years and am delighted to spend forever with him. He keeps me honest, laughing, and comforted. J.rue is a worthy priesthood holder, honorable husband, and perfect daddy. I won the lottery with this one, I really did.

I love you buns!

No comments:

Post a Comment