Monday, October 19, 2015

Four Weeks of Fitz


Dear baby Fitz (or Fitzy as your sister is now calling you -- I wonder if that one will stick?). You've been in our family for 4 wonderful weeks, plus a few days. And can I just say that you are the sweetest thing? Really, you are. I can't wait to watch your personality to develop even more. So far, you're just as I suspected. You are a GOOD sleeper. In fact, last night, you slept from 11:00 p.m. to 5:45 a.m. That's amazing! You're still a good eater, as long as I'm feeding you around the clock during the day. You have a hard time staying awake. I'm a little nervous about weaning you actually. You still LOVE to be snuggled. You're getting to be more and more content just hanging out, but nothing beats a good cuddle in your mind. I agree.

When you aren't being held and have decided that it is time, you'll start squirming like crazy. You'll get those legs and arms a movin' faster than you know what to do with. At that point I have about 3 seconds to pick you up or else. You're finally starting to be awake a little bit more. I love looking at those baby blues. You favor your right side and are always craning your neck in that direction. Please don't go and get yourself a flat head, ok? You're working those little neck muscles out like a champ. You're ok with tummy time, but you prefer to work it out when you're laying on my chest.

We've been able to make it out, just the 3 of us, successfully! That's mostly because you are either sleeping in your carseat (which you've not complained about unless you're hangry, yes hungry angry) or in the wrap. You love the wrap and so do I, little cuddle bug. The binkie has been playing a significant role in your life. I'm hoping that will only last a few more weeks like your sister. I have no desire to wean you off of two things, so please!

Speaking of your sister SHE LOVES YOU! Oh she loves you so much. If we're going somewhere, you better be coming. She wants to kiss you, cuddle you, hug you, and hold you always. I've found her laying on top of you on several occasions. She also loves to share her toys, mostly the soft ones so far. I honestly think she would do anything for you. I hope for nothing more than for you two to be close friends. I pray for it every night and have since I found out you'd be joining our family. You are lucky to have your Ellie Bean Blythe.

On Sunday I was nursing you and all of a sudden you looked up at me and just grinned. I feel like it was the first time you actually saw me. It was the definition of a perfect moment.

Other significant events you've joined us for: your daddy's birthday and your first BYU game (and a few after that! You love watching games with him), your sisters birthday, your first movie (Hotel Transylvania 2), your cousin Shauntel's wedding, Black Island Farms and picking your first pumpkin, your Auntie Nin's October tradition of chocolate waffles and Ichabod (our fave!), and your second doctors appointment where you made your birth weight! You weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz. to be exact. That got you to the 7% for weight, somewhere near the 35% for height and 21% for head size. It's ok, Ellie has a small head too and she seems to be doing just fine. You're scowl is still second to none and you're slowly growing out of newborn clothing, mostly just length wise. You're a tiny guy, but I'm sure you'll make up for that quickly, too quickly.

Now, here are a million pictures of your first month with us. I just don't want to forget anything about your perfect little body. The very last picture is of you sitting right next to me while I type this. You love your bouncer, you just can't quite figure out how to keep yourself upright in it, silly boy.

Until next time my little dream boat.

Love forever, your mama






































No comments:

Post a Comment