Friday, June 5, 2015

Thoughts on buying & selling

...or in other words, an update on everything that is our life. I was going to address packing as well, but after writing this novel, that will be saved for the next time I have some extra brain power. I've wanted to sit down and brain dump about a million times, but I've really and truly have had no mental capacity, plus I'm weepy all the time, bad combo. If you haven't heard, we're moving! And it's taken over my whole life and every inch of my brain that Ellie hasn't demanded. I've had people ask me about my pregnancy and the only comment I can make is that it's flying by and most of the time I don't even remember that I am pregnant. Little brother is moving a ton now, so that helps serve as a reminder now and again. Also, he still doesn't have a name and it's driving me nuts. We knew Ellie's name before we even knew she was a girl. It's not like Jeremy and I can't agree even. We have a list of 5 or so names, we like them all, we just can't decide. I thought it was silly when people would say they had no idea what they would name their child, and wouldn't decided until after the baby was born. I could not comprehend being in that situation, I was sure these people were just kind of lazy and didn't care. What it all comes down to is that obviously, I'm a judgmental turd and I need to be shown what's up every once in a while. So, if you ask me...we have no idea what we're naming baby brother, and we probably won't decide until after he's born. Watch out if you're judging...it'll happen to you next.


On to the buying and selling...we're doing both at the same time! It's not fun! It makes me cry! But it's been a wonderful faith building experience. I have seen the Lord's constant hand in my life more than almost any other time. Last night we closed on Ruesch Manor. Technically we don't own her any more and to that I say, well I can't even. I'm actually working on a post wholly dedicated to my love of Ruesch Manor. Lucky for us, our amazing buyer is letting us stay until a week from Saturday. Bless her. Ellie took signing away our home very seriously and practiced her signature right along with us, crazy bed head and all.


We close on our new home on Tuesday (fingers crossed) and I' so excited. I actually woke up at 3:48 this morning and didn't fall back to sleep until around 6 because I can't shut my mind off when it comes to our new digs. I'm dreading unpacking but can't wait to be unpacked. Can't. Wait. It's a cute little house. I'm excited to name her. Is it possible to beat Ruesch Manor though? I'm thinking probably not. It's actually quite overwhelming feeling every possible emotion from ecstatic to devastated all at the same time. 


Like I said, this has been quite the experience. We've been talking about putting our home up for sale for the past year or so. We knew we were quickly running out of room and that we very badly wanted to get closer to SLC to cut some time off of J.rue's already long days. We actually talked about it so much and did so little that it started to feel like it would never happen. We got a little serious about listing it last October, but then it didn't happen. We knew it needed to happen this spring so once I was done puking my guts up we got to work. J.rue has put in some long hard hours getting Ruesch Manor up to snuff. He's put in a fence, laid concrete, did some serious yard work, and painted our soffit & fascia (do you even know what that is? We surely didn't before the month of May and we loathe it.) Also, I learned how to clean and stain a shed. A whole shed. All by myself. Wood cleaning hurts the eyes.


We were planning on listing in May, but things were moving slowly. Once we sold, we'd planned on moving in with my mom in Ogden until we found the perfect home and then all would be fine and dandy. Of course, things never go as planned. One Saturday while Jeremy was working on the concrete, a family in our ward approached us about possibly buying our home. We let them walk through our home (mess and all) and I tried not to get my hopes up. It was too good to be true. Too good. The next week she told us she was interested in making an offer and our lives haven't slowed down since. Between house hunting, contract deadlines, appraisals, inspections, repairs, and waiting for appraisal results, I've been a wreck and Ellie has clocked an impressive amount of TV time. Don't ask me about it, it hurts my soul in a deep way. I'll make it up to her once we move in. Lots of sunshine for that girl.


From the moment this whole process began, I knew everything would work out. I just knew it, deep in my soul. I will admit though that if you talk to my SIL or my husband, or really anyone else that's had to have a conversation with me for the past month, might not believe that statement. We had some huge hurtles and unknowns to get over, but we did it, and we didn't do it alone, not for one second. I'm so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who gently (or not so gently) leads us to where we need to be. We dealt with multiple offers on the home we wanted (just like with Ruesch Manor, uuggggh), a very important appraisal that 3 families were depending on to move, very very tight deadlines that seemed virtually impossible, and financial sucker punches. Buying and selling at the same time is ridiculously uncomfortable at best. Again, no way we couldn't have done this if it wasn't part of His plan. This to-do list is only a fraction of the things we had to accomplish. I kicked this list's trash so hard. I can't even bring myself to throw it away.


But here we are, set to move June 13, 2015. A week from tomorrow. We did it. I can't believe we did it. There were so many times where all I could do was sit on the stairs, cry for a couple minutes, and then pick myself up and get back to work. If I ever thought I couldn't do hard things, this experience has reminded me that I can, even on my own. I know I wasn't really on my own. J.rue took on the really difficult projects, but I took on the million tiny ones. We make a pretty good team, j.rue and I.

So that's that. We'll go to our last Sunday at the Kaysville 2nd ward this weekend. Of course they're finally changing to Sacrament meeting first, on our last Sunday. I know I'll cry, lots. We were meant to spend time in this ward. I needed this ward. I needed to meet the women of this ward. Oh I love you Kaysville 2nd ward. We'll spend our last Saturday ever in Ruesch Manor. Every night will be our last...night. I told j.rue that I'll be reminding him of that, every night. I get nostalgic and I'm going to savor every second of it. But that's more for another post.

Our first selfie, on the porch swing, on the day we made an offer, on our almost new house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment