Thursday, September 12, 2013

35

I'm getting to the point now where I just want to talk about my current week SO badly because I mean it's way cooler to be 4 weeks away from my due date rather than talk about the week that was 5 weeks away from my due date. But then it takes about 4 seconds to realize that a bunch of stuff did happen in that further away week, thus it needs to be documented, and this one actually did have some stuff go down...


Most importantly, I had two amazing showers. I think they deserve a post of their own though, so hopefully I'll get around to that this week. Ellie was most definitely spoiled with baby goods and I was spoiled with good company. There's not much else that I love more than visiting, well, and eating, so the two of those combined and I was in heaven! I also learned during baby shower #2 that I should no longer be wearing regular t-shirts, which severely limits my wardrobe. I kept having just the littlest part of my stomach show out the bottom. Luckily, this was before the guests arrived, so I added a belly band, thank goodness for those stupid things.

Besides the showers, I'd like to think that I made leaps and bounds in the baby gear department. On Thursday afternoon I discovered Amazon was having a 20% off baby sale, so the crib mattress and accouterments were ordered. I should have a big a mattress box sitting on my porch when I get home. I'm a little excited. Saturday evening, I took Melinda down to SLC to make the long awaited car seat & baby monitor purchase. That one hurt a little more than the mattress purchase, but I hear that won't let you take the baby home from the hospital if you don't have a car seat or something? And then we went to the dreaded Ikea, which really, wasn't that bad because it just wasn't, but it also felt good know that there was NOTHING else that I needed from there. Now begins the glorious 1 year Ikea hiatus. Because seriously. Thank goodness for Melinda, she makes running those types of errands much more bearable, even fun. Our car talks really can't be beat.

Other than that I've just been spending as much time with my brothers as they'll give me. They get so busy and I miss them.



Probably for my husbands sake I should note that BYU beat Texas, so that's exciting for him. Me also because that means I had a happy husband for the duration of the weekend.

I finished up an Ellie's room craft too, but there's enough to that one that I'll do another post as well. Look at me with all of my post line-ups.


Since my last doctor's appointment I've been a little extra worried about keeping track of the little squirt's movements. I worry that she'll get too squished and just decided to take it easy for the last month, but luckily I feel her shifting even more, she know's her mama so well already. It's also starting to sink in more and more to j.rue and I that our little unit will be expanding by 1 whole person in less than a month. Saturday was exactly a month from my due date and it kind of scared me a lot. I really really am bad with change, even the best kinds, like this for example. Sometimes I'll catch us doing something that will be a little more difficult with a little person, and think, oh maybe I'm not ready for this. It's comfy how we are now. Also, I love spending time by myself and I know that's going to come in very limited quantities for basically the rest of my life and I sometimes find myself wishing I could just keep it a little bit longer. I know this all sounds horrible, but it's just how things are in my head. Of course I haven't mentioned the other 99% of the time when I'm sitting and day dreaming about staying home with my baby and oohing and awwing over her for the next forever. I am so excited. The drastic change in lifestyle is just scary. I'm not one of those lucky women who took this as a natural calling from day one. Motherhood is something that I'm going to have to grow into and give myself a lot of patience, leeway, and love along the way. But am I up for the challenge? After almost 8 months, I can honestly say yes. But if you could get inside my head 4 months ago? No, probably not.

Oh, but I love that girl so much already. I almost feel like I already know her. I know we've met before and chosen to be together, so it's only a matter of time that we slip back into our old ways and comforts together with each other.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great that we get 9 months to come to terms with adding a new person? When I got pregnant with Olivia I was really worried. But by the time she actually came, I was more okay with the idea. Still, it was a HUGE adjustment. You'll get used to it and life will be wonderful again, just don't feel bad if you don't love it right away. Of course you might love it right away. No way to know!

    ReplyDelete