Thursday, October 13, 2011

Flashback!

Did any of you read the "Wayside School" books in elementary? I love love loved them, I looked forward to "quite time" after recess where my teacher would just read to us. I fell in love with the characters and the weird {and sometimes mostly confusing story lines}These books, in my 3rd grade mind, were hilarious.


A while ago I was perusing Amazon online {who doesn't?} and came across the boxed set with all 3 books! I couldn't resist the price so I ordered them. Dang you 1-Click ordering! I started reading them last night. I'm interested to see if I'll be as psyched by them now as I was then. So far, so good.

Another book that I have re-read since the wonder years {and have stayed psyched about} is The Westing Game. 



This book blew my 11 year old mind and still knocks my socks off. It's amazingly descriptive and fantastically written. If you haven't read it stop reading this post NOW and go to your library and get it.

I'm hoping I can read these books to my kids and hear them giggle like I did. 

I'll let ya know.


1 comment:

  1. I totally forgot about the sideways stories, I loved them too! Also, I have been thinking about rereading the westing game, I think my mom has it at her house, maybe I'll do it next time a have some free time.

    ReplyDelete