Sunday, May 16, 2010

I love lamp.

Our bedroom has been the most ignored  part of our house. Finally last weekend I decided that it should really be one of our first priorities. The color scheme that we are using is cream, dark green, and black. at the moment we have brown bedside tables, while lamps, and cream dressers. Yeah not so cute. But I got our lamps painted and made our TV stand. I'm going to try to take pictures along the way, and hopefully by the end of the summer we will be able to show off our new and improved bedroom.


Like I've said before, I suck at taking before and after pictures, so you'll just have to use your imagination. The base of the TV stand was an old speaker stand that my mom gave us. It's super heavy, so we have a love/hate relationship with it. So work with me, it was ugly brown wood, with a rusted metal top. We bought a cheap shelf and screwed it into the top, and then spray painted it black. Words cannot describe the loving relationship I have developed with Wal-Mart's fine selection of spray paints.
I was on fire after this and decided to do the lamps too. Luckily I remember after I was done with the TV stand to start taking before and after pictures...
So, these lamps aren't my favorite, but they match (except one if off white and the other one is white) and I don't want to go and buy new ones.
My sweet husband helping me prep, he totally got into it too. Thanks honey!
 The finished product. I like them MUCH better now, they just pop against the green wall (which I will post a picture of later). Oh and don't judge me 1. because I spray paint everything and 2. because my back door is dirty. That's just the way it is. So, hopefully I'll have more stuff to post on our room improvements through out the summer. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

...and this is us getting our spray paint on.

1 comment:

  1. The spray paint aisle at Wal-Mart is the BEST! I have to make a trip there to get some brown spray paint. I'm going to do the same thing you did with your lamps to my living room lamp, which is currently the ugliest cream shade you've ever seen. Everything else in the room is tan, sage or brown, so the lamp must change!

    Great job, Chelsea! I'm impressed, and I can't wait to see the finished room. :-)

    ReplyDelete