Tuesday, August 6, 2013

30


Firstly, can I just point out how amazingly consistent I have been with these weekly pregnancy posts? I don't think I've missed a single once since we announced it.

Second, I thought I'd do a comparison photo because those are fun. Sometimes, but maybe not really in this case. First problem is that the 30 week picture is actually 31 weeks, but Oh well, I won't remember in 5 years anyway. Pregnancy brain is a real life thing.  The next problem is that when I'm doing a comparison I've got to learn to do my hair and makeup to at least kind of match. BUT this is a noticeable difference in the abdomen area, yes? 

My random craving of the week is a big fat cup of ice from Sonic. You guys, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Could I maybe have an iron deficiency?

This week I finally had my glucose test, a few weeks late, but hey, if I do have GD then that's 2-6 weeks shorter that I have to prick my finger for every meal. The appointment was last Friday and I really am hoping that I just don't hear anything back. Fasting for 3 hours would pretty much be equivalent to chaining me to a treadmill and forcing me to run at speeds of 10 mph for 5 hours. Really. Girls gotta eat regularly. It's kind of funny how there's certain things that EVERYONE warns you about when they find out you're pregnant. I'd say the glucose test is right up there at top 5. It is apparently the most horrible awful gagalicious thing that you will ever ingest. Especially the orange flavor. NEVER GET THE ORANGE FLAVOR. But they're all still gross. So I went in to too excited of course. I was presented with 3 choices: orange, fruit punch or lemon lime. I went with the lemon lime as I was told it was the safest option.

Honestly, it was not that bad. Flat sprite, goes down like a dream (with a tiny bit of after-burn) and you're done. To this day, I'm still thinking the worst part of pre-natal appointments are the "clean catches" you have to do. WHY does no one bring that up? 

Over the past week or so Ellie's started to get hiccups regularly. I think it's the cutest thing in the world and I love it even more because it's about the only time j.rue can feel her moving around. All of her other moments are so fast and fleeting, it's nice for him to be able to catch some. He kind of doesn't like them because he thinks they feel like they hurt. In my mind it shows she's developing normally, and any reassurance is always welcome.

Every day I go and sit in Ellie's room and talk to her. It felt a little weird at first, but I kind of love it now. I hope the room can be her little spot, everyone needs one. If only I knew what she looks like, it would make this whole daydreaming business much easier. The room is so close to being done and I'm so happy with how everything's coming together. Really, most of my decor projects don't go exactly how i'd like them too. This one is even better. We just need to get the pictures up on the wall and the crib up. I set a goal in February to have everything done before September 1st, and I think we're doing pretty well.

p.s. I just got my glucose test results back and I'll be going in for the 3 hour test. YAY! I was 9 points over, so apparently mama needs to cut back on the carbs and sugar. My main appetite sustainers.  Please pray for me. I can handle the drink. I can handle the blood draws. It's the FASTING. I may die, right then and there. Oh it's going to be an interesting two months.

Don't worry. I'll keep meticulous records :)

1 comment:

  1. OH dang! Sorry the 3 hour test is on your horizon! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete