Monday, April 9, 2012

Heaven Is Here


Thursday night I was able to finally get my hands on Heaven Is Here, and weekend I look advantage of some downtime to relish in it's words. Her story is inspiring, and makes me want, so badly, to be better everyday. I love books that encourage reexamination one's life. 

In the book, Stephanie {Nie Nie} talks about life before the crash, how beautiful and simple it was. Then, she moves on to the crash itself. The rest of the book talks about the recovery -- you can actually feel her sorrow. It's sobering, but so beautiful. As the book comes to a close you are cheering for her and all that she has accomplished.

Hers is a message of hope, and I want to share it with as many as possible. If we're close ask to borrow the book. Please! If not, go get on your library's waiting list {there will be a waiting list} or buy it. I promise you won't regret it. And after you read it, share it with someone else.


Yesterday my family had the opportunity to hear my grandpa speak in church. He told the story of the Crucifixion and Resurrection . It was powerful, and brought up so many emotions of gratitude. I'm not much of a public crier, but I couldn't help it here. I didn't mind. My grandpa also spoke of spring being a time of renewal. A time to reflect on  your life and nourish it with the things you are lacking and to purge of the things that are pulling you down. Spring is the perfect time for new beginnings. I know I'll be taking advantage.

The rest of the Easter weekend was spent with our wonderful families; relaxing, chatting, eating and just enjoying each others company. Maybe I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I think I got some good ones.

Happy Monday!

iloveyouwearyourseatbeltrememberwhoyouarehavefun!

1 comment:

  1. oh goodness, i really want to get this book. nie nie is so inspiring!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete