Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekending

There were some very important things that went down this weekend. Let me tell you about them:

1. A girls night/shopping day happened. These are vital to my existence as a human being. I need lady time. I love j.rue to bits and pieces, but there are only so many episodes of Cougar Town he can watch, so many stores he can handle going into, and only so much patience he can muster whilst I flap my gums. It was a much deserved break for him. Saturday morning our shopping excursion included trips to Forever21, H&M, and a shoe and make-up favorite of mine, Nordstrom.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to get a Nordys closer to me. City Creek Center: 11 days and counting!!!!!


this was one of the hardest decisions of my life...


but a decision had to be made.

2. Saturday night came and j.rue and I packed up and headed to Ogden for the Queen Mother's birthday dinner at Good Wood BBQ. Apparently, they don't believe in lights, but that's okay because you don't need perfect lighting when in a carnivorous feeding frenzy like we were. 

The plate on the top right was mine--and j.rue and I split a dish. Yes I do realize that the BBQ sauce takes up a good fourth of the plate. What can I say? I'm a saucy girl. ba baum ching!

After our red meated feast we headed home to the Queen's castle for some cakebites and present opening. I kind of lost my phone at this point, meaning no pictures were taken. But it was good, trust me. Then queenie roped us all into playing a horrible game of the devil called "take two" It's basically scrabble without the board, and you make your own little word connections. I know, sounds dumb, huh? Have I ever mentioned how I hate games like this? My brain is simply not witty with words. I mostly just made up words. I was caught and banished.

So, while they sold their souls to the devil, one scrabble tile at a time, I look pictures and videos of the youngest brother {Cale} while he slept. Cale has an innate ability to whistle while he sleeps without moving his mouth. I may or may not post the video at some point. But today, I'll just leave you with a picture. 


3. Day light savings time always effs up my schedule. I slept in until 10:30 Sunday and then managed a 2.5 hour nap that afternoon, topped off with a 9:30 bedtime. I have a gift my friends. About halfway thru my hibernation we went to the Ruesch's for FHE. I was in a half asleep state, so sadly no pictures were taken here either. I will assure you that there was good food, a good lesson {given by the one and only Victoria Hazel}, and good chatting. We sure love those Rueschs. Oh, and of course Brookie was the highlight of everyone's evening:

Polka Dot sistas for life!

I loved one of the Mormon Messages that Tori shared for her lesson last night so much that I've decided to leave it with you today. It's called "Moments that Matter Most" Enjoy! :

Thanks again Tori for the fantastic lesson! You don't give yourself enough credit.


3 comments:

  1. ah- those toms are adorable! I can see why it was a hard decision. The good news is- you couldn't have gone wrong with either pick. But I LOVE the ones you picked. Your weekend sounded lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! I may need to go back and get the other pair too! shh..don't tell my husband :)

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, take two! That game has been played many-a-time at the Hopkins house... Makes my brain hurt!

    ReplyDelete