Monday, March 19, 2012

March Birchbox


I've been wanting a birchbox since...well, forever. When I finally decided it was time to take the plunge, they were sold out, of course. I was finally able to get my hands on one this month and it was just in the nick on time. This box was pretty much screaming my name. Except for the Teen Vogue. They keep sending me magazines and I keep throwing them away. I am not an "in vogue" teenager mail universe!!! Please stop sending me your tiny, but still very thick, magazines. The box did take it's sweet time getting here. I had to avoid a couple of my favorite blogs as to not spoil the surprise.

Anyway, these were the goods:


Sorry, bad picture, but you get the idea. The content of this beautiful box included:

Essie Luxeffects in "set in stones". This was a chunky silver glitter, it was cute but after wearing on my hands for a few days I've made the executive decision that it is a 'toes only' kind of polish. Still pretty though.

Peter Thomas Roth Mattifying Gel I tried this stuff just this morning. It's a little thicker than I usually like in a primer, but I'll take an extra primer anytime. That is one of those things that I have a hard time spending money on. I think I've gotten by on just samples for the past 2 years. 

Annick Goutal Petite Cherie Perfume. It's a pretty scent, but not as fresh as I like to keep it. Especially in the summer. Probably the thing that made me the least excited in the box.

tarte LipSurgurgence If you remember, I've already posted about these little beauties. I am now the proud owner of 3. The best part about this one? It came in a full size!!! These run for $24 a pop, not a bad deal if I do say so myself. They sent me one in the color "JOY" It's quite orangey when you open it, but it looked pretty good on with a gloss over the top. It will help me leave my color comfort zone for sure.

Last, but certainly not least, the Twistband. Best best best thing about this whole box! Twistbands are hair ties that claim to not leave a crease in your hair. I tested it out on Friday and went to a trampoline gym. I had just washed my hair that morning and straightened it {this is when my hair is most susceptible to creases} So, I jumped my guts out for an hour, sweat bucket loads, and even manged to twist my ankle. An hour after I got home I took out the tie, and lo and behold, no crease! Do you hear the choirs of angles singing from the heavens? I did. They're a little pricier than regular hair ties, but oh so worth it.

I also got a coupon to ModCloth, but I am on a clothes buying celibacy, boo.

Tomorrow: Spppprrrinng Brreeaak!!! Staycation -- mostly in photos


No comments:

Post a Comment