Wednesday, January 11, 2012

the skin you're in

Remember when I told you about the MAC Cleanse Off Oil?


This is my follow-up review. I've been using it for a little over a month and I still love it. It take off EVERYTHING. I've also found that it moisturizes more than I thought it would. If I'm being lazy and skip to moisturizer {which is bad, I know} this keeps my skin from feeling super tight, even in Utah's super dry winters. I think getting the extra make-up off my face has really helped clear up the couple of acne-prone areas on my face that I thought I had just about given up on {my cheeks and between my eyes, and hairline}. It's kind of gross to think that it was because of left-over make-up. If you don't believe me, they have a $10 travel size bottle that you can order online. You can't beat $10, and if you don't like it, give it away, to me.

One more thing, I just wanted to update on one of my new years resolutions, the weight loss one, the most unfun goals on the list. As of today, I've lost 6 lbs since January 2nd, and I have two things to give credit to.

1. Your Shape Fitness for the Kinect - 


Okay folks, I'm going to be honest, I despise video game systems with almost every fiber of my being. J got one for his birthday this year, and it just about killed me. Well, being the poor people that we are right now, we decided to skip out on renewing the gym membership for this year. Que the Kinect. It was my last ditch effort to get some kind of decent workout. To my surprise, I love it! I didn't think it would be legit, but it gets my heart rate up and the sweat rolling. PLUS, I actually have fun doing it. Last night I spent the evening latin dancing, jump roping, and boot-camping, burning a total of 550 calories {and I promise it's real, I wore my calorie counter band/watch thing}. I can officially say I'm converted, to the Kinect -- nothing good comes out of using just your thumbs.

2. The Look Better Naked diet.

I'm sure you're thinking a few things: naked girl on the front: classy, 6 week plan to your hottest body: yeah right, etc. Am I right? I thought the same thing too when I saw it, but it's actually quite different than I thought. The thing that I like about it is that it gives you a meal plan and structure, of which I lack both. The book gives you 5 meals a day; breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. The menu changes from day to day and week to week, and it's stuff that I was already eating like shrimp, tilapia, hummus, bell peppers, peanut butter, quinoa and POPCORN {the most important}, plus about a million other things. What sold me the most is that  if I didn't like something I could substitute. If I didn't like the lunch menu I could swap for another one and even repeat meals during the week. It has been a lifesaver! On Saturdays I look at the weeks menu, make my substitutions, copy it over to a grocery list, and get all my food for the week. No junk food, no temptations, and honestly, not many cravings either. Probably because I'm not depriving myself of anything. The meals are even "normal" enough that J will eat them with me. HALLELUJAH. 

The book also has work-outs and some other {kind of awkward} things, but I mostly just got it for the meal plans, and that alone is worth it. If you want to borrow it in a month or so, let me know!

I know in my goals that I said I would keep the weight loss talk to a minimum, so I'll leave it at that.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea,
    I'm glad you "reviewed" the MAC cleanse off oil b/c I have been debating getting it and now maybe I will! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete