Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Elf and The Ballet

Good Morning! We're off to see the Nutcracker at Capitol Theater today! Mom my got us all free tickets and it think we're in the second row!  I've never been to a ballet at 11:30 in the morning, but it sure as heck beats being at work! Perfect way to kick-off the Christmas Season!


Oh, and have any of you heard of Elf on the Shelf? I haven't until yesterday, and now I'm seeing a million things to do with your own personal elf. So after I did my elf-y research this is what I've found:

{source}

You "adopt" your little elf {that comes with this cute book explaining the tradition} and give him a name {that's how they get their magic}. Every year your little elf comes to your house to make sure your kids are behaving and reports back to Santa every nigh. This helps Santa determine whether they should be on the naughty or nice list.

Some cute families take it even further and set up their elves doing naughty things like toilet papering the Christmas tree or turning the milk blue. Of course he's always caught in the act when the kids wake up in the morning.

How cute is that?!? I'll let you know if J feels like adopting yet another little guest into our home this year. I'm thinking yes, since he wouldn't require shots, hair cuts, or excessive amounts of puppy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment