Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Summer Shenanigans: August Pt. 1

August felt like a month of lasts, not bad lasts, but just a sprint to the end of summer. I always get this way right before I have a baby, especially because I have been very pregnant at the end of the summer with every pregnancy. I just wanted to fit everything in while it was so easy to get out of the house and before all of the pools close. It's been so wonderful. I've also been pushing hard through a to-do list that I pretty much demolished, thank you very much.


I have a wonderful friend in my ward who is due literally 1 day before me. We had the fantastic idea of switching babysitting during our doctors appointments and I don't know what I would have done without her, especially with the NSTs at the end of all of my appointments lately. Our kids are all the same gender and practically the same age and I just love her.


I think these 2 posts are going to be full of random pictures, but those are the best right? Jeremy made the kids these awesome helmets out of their magnet blocks and they thought they were pretty much the best ever.


Since we have been squishing in every possible activity I haven't been the most consistent with Fitz's naps. Luckily, he's the most laid back kid every and just makes up for it when he can. Of course he can only fall asleep with truck in hand.


Fitz was in a particularly good mood this evening and let Ellie swaddle him up and rock him for a couple minutes. It was so sweet to watch them together, especially without one of them crying. She's going to be such a big helper with the baby. Neither of us can even handle waiting.


We've been trying to visit Jeremy at work every week before that becomes more difficult too. We just meet up at the food court at City Creek. On this particular day Ellie wanted to see all the fish and Jeremy definitely delivered. We've gotten these lunches down to a science and they are quite enjoyable. The best part though is that Ellie tells everyone that her dad works at the dinosaur play place at City Creek. She thinks he has the most awesome "workshop" ever.




Speaking of Jeremy's work, it seems like he's been getting off earlier than usual plus, he's had some surprise days off. It's been wonderful. Because of this, we've spent a few cooler evenings exploring some new parks. I love when we do things like that together. The kids love having him around and so do I. It's just better when he's home.





Since I have been all sappy and pregnant, I've been trying to take the kids out, just the 3 of us. It's just so enjoyable and easy, and I'm almost mourning being able to leave the house in under 5 minutes with minimal consequences. The zoo is one of their favorites and they love running amok together from animal to animal. This time we took the time to take a picture at all of the picture spots. In the gorilla picture, that's them making their best attempts at gorilla faces.


Ellie has been prepping for preschool all month. Her favorite thing to do was request Letter Factory and then play with my letter board. She's pretty fluent in her letters and their sounds, but things got tricky when she was quizzing me on her words.



I still can't fathom that there will be 3 little people in our group pictures soon. I also can't fathom mothering 3 children on my own from day to day, but why on earth would we want this parenting thing to get too easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment