Thursday, January 31, 2013

YESTERDAY.


I just want to remember it. I talk all the time about wanting to write about the little happy things, and then I don't notice them. Last night was just a good night. J.rue and I snuggled under the covers, watching Once Upon a Time (so behind), whilst I wolfed down a turkey burger like a lady. Our puppies were there too, in between leg crevices or on top of heated blankets (dog magnets). Those are honestly some of my most favorite moments, snuggling as a family. Not doing anything of particular importance. It makes my heart want to burst.

And, just to leave you with something that might benefit you in some way: I just got through a really good book. One that was so good I thought about it for 3 solid days straight after I finished it. Knocked my socks off this one did. The Secret Keeper.

/via/

It has some mystery, some romance, history, some twists and turns, and it's almost 500 pages, so it's one of those that's full of beautiful details and descriptions.  I listened to it on CD because I am still dreaming of the days when I actually have time to sit down and read an actual book. A few reviews I read said that the book started out slow and they had a hard time sticking with it. I, on the other hand, was stuck in the car and didn't notice the slowness because anything is better than a radio filled commute home. If you do listen to it on CD, be warned that the narrator has a thick (and lovely) English accent that's hard to follow for the first 10 minutes or so. After listening to it for 17 disks though I started talking like her in my head and felt oh so fancy and English. Loved it.

Oh, and I had the most glorious of glorious of commutes today. Just in case you check this block out of worry for me. So kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment